Thursday, July 19, 2012

40 spaces in 40 days--Day 4

Day 4--The laundry room
Today was our bathroom cleaning day, and what better day to also clean the laundry room since it shares a space with my downstairs bathroom.  There are clothes that have fallen behind the washer and dryer by the window that I haven't seen in months.  It's a bit crazy down here.  There are also random socks all over the floor in front of the dryer that have dropped and lost their place.  I couldn't wait to get this space in tip top shape!
Before
 After
Wow!  It looks great!  I love that I can actually walk in here now :)
 When I pulled up the rugs to sweep and mop, this is what I found...or should I say what is left of it.  I decided to take a picture because, what rug actually sticks to the floor?  That's right, the whole back of the rug came off and stuck to my floor.  YUCK! It took 20 minutes or more just to scrape it all off.  UGH!  Time for new rugs! 
 Most of it came up easy enough, but there was still a little bumpy residue that I had to scrub off with an SOS pad.   
Now it is all clean!!! and ready for a new rug.  Kohls, here I come!
 Kazia really wanted her picture taken.  She is such a big helper.  I don't know what I'd do without her.  She helps keep me motivated...and also sits back to enjoy what we've just accomplished with me. I just love her SO much!
After dinner tonight, I made a quick batch of strawberry jam...and OH is it YUMMY!!! I thought I used a lot more strawberries last year, so I have a bunch left over. I decided I'm going to make strawberry jam tomorrow along with the best pancakes ever. Breakfast is going to be delicious tomorrow. I can't wait!

I laid down with Kazia this evening for a little bit (at 7:30) and fell asleep until Mike came to bed at 10:40pm.  I thought I'd better come down and blog about my day so I don't forget, and now I'm heading back to bed.  I think I'm going to be loving those extra 3 hours of sleep tomorrow!

No comments: