Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

I don't know how much time I will have tomorrow, so I just wanted to give a little shout out to my mother.

If you think this is Jade, you are wrong, it is Kazia with my mom on Christmas morning in 2006. They look so much alike!
My mom's favorite thing to do is hang out with my dad...and they love to go 4-wheeling everywhere.

I know that my mother and I went through the rounds when I was in Jr. High, High School, and even a little beyond that, but I can tell you that she is and has always been one of my best friends.

During High School, my favorite place to go for lunch was home. My mom would have something ready for me and we'd chat and eat. This was my special "alone" time with my mom. When there are 4 kids in the house, that doesn't happen often.

When I got home from school, usually the first place I would go is to my mom's bed to hang out and chat for a while. It was a time to bond and to keep her posted on what was going on in my life. I know my mom was always interested in what was happening in all her kids' lives, but as teenagers, they tend to hide more of their personal lives. I liked to share the details of my day as a way to reflect upon my day and I think she was happy I did.

I always enjoyed these special moments and take every moment I have now to do the same thing. I am blessed to have such a wonderful mother that lives so close.

When I had Kazia, I grew a renewed love and appreciation for my mother. I don't always express it enough, but I want her to know that I feel this way. I finally came full circle and understood all the craziness that comes with being a mom and realize that no matter how upset my mom got with us while growing up, she was doing the best she could and she loves us all regardless. I also think we all turned out pretty good.

My mother has also given up countless hours the past four years to help Mike and I with our girls while we've been going to school and working. I feel so grateful that she is in a position to be able to help as much as she has, even when it isn't convenient for her. She is an angel!

The girls usually go to my mom's house on Friday's, but Kazia had dance pics right after I got out of school and I needed her up in Layton and her hair curled, so she got up early to come to my house. This past week has been pretty rough for me and I had laundry partially completed in baskets and a messy house when my mom showed up. I tried to tidy the kitchen a little because that was terrible too. I was a little embarrassed to leave my house that way. When I got home from school, my mom was almost finished curling Kazia's hair and much to my surprise, I noticed my front room was cleaned up. WOW! I was so excited that I didn't have to clean it up when I got back. Mike showed up just before I left for pictures so I left Jade asleep. I went into the girls room when I got home and it was spotless with the 2 baskets of clothing hung and put away. This really touched me. I really needed the help this week and God sent me an angel...my mom.

Later I find out that not only did she have time to clean, do laundry, curl Kazia's hair, go to lunch with my dad, but apparently there is a little present she helped my girls get me that is hiding behind the TV. I don't think that was supposed to get out, but I made Kazia stop telling me about it so that it will still be a surprise tomorrow. I'm kinda excited!

I know without a doubt that I have the best mom in the whole world!

Thank you mom!

3 comments:

Dustin and Kellie said...

Wow! What a terrific mom. I think you said it best. You never really understand a person til you are in their place. I also have a new respect for my mom not that I have kids! Holy Cow! She made it look so easy! Your mom seems wonderful as are you my dear!!! (Also, I do think Jade and Kazia could be twins.. One's just slightly smaller! I told Mike that very thing on Saturday!)

Blair and Brenda said...

We are still in Kaysville. I love it here. What do you teach and were? I am working at Fantastic Sam’s in Bountiful. It has been so long. Lets play soon

~Ali~ said...

April 29th is too old. I need them to be younger than 14 days old. thanks tho.