Also make sure to check out my crafting blog http://embellishedbybrenda.blogspot.com/ to see my crafty projects as I have a few to post there as well.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Bunkbeds
Well, as promised I will start updating my blog now that I've found my camera cord. I hope to do a couple of posts a day for the next week to get caught up before the baby comes. Here is one of the projects Mike and I have completed in preparation for our new home. We got an old bunkbed from my parents neighbor for $10. It was strong and sturdy but was old, brown, and had been carved. We sanded, painted, and put new hardware and plywood on the bed and now it's almost like new. The girls were so elated to finally get to use their new princess bedding they got from Nana and Grampy for their birthday. We still have to hang the princess curtains and decorate but that will have to come sometime after the baby arrives. So much to do...so little time.
Ever since the bunkbed was assembled in their room the girls haven't gone to bed much earlier than 10:30-11:30pm. Needless to say we hope the newness and excitement wears out soon and I will be putting up black fabric on the window to make it darker when bedtime rolls around. Hopefully this will help. Aren't they adorable?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment