We were going to induce labor with Cooper on Thursday July 22nd but the doctor called just before noon on Wednesday and asked if we could come in as soon as possible. Mike came home from work and I packed us and the girls and off we went to the hospital.
I'm used to having to wait a while before anything really happens but this time within an hour of having my water broken I was ready for my epidural. Then they monitored me closely because my blood pressure had dropped and during this period of time I had fully dialated and was ready to push. This was just under 3 hours after breaking my water. I started getting really emotional and wasn't sure quite why. We think I must have been in shock because it all happened so quickly. Cooper was born at 6:24pm, weighed 7lbs 1oz and was 20.5 inches long. He's a healthy, happy baby and mom is the same.
Waiting for Cooper to come

Cooper has arrived and is getting the scrub down

Our first "little" family photo

Cooper loved the heat lamp

Mike got to help with his first bath...and as you can see Cooper did NOT like it!

Then the nurse took him to the sink to scrub his head and he wasn't too sure about that either.

Aaaahhhh....bathtime is over and now Cooper is back under the heat lamp. What a handsome boy! I just LOVE his dark hair!
Saying that the girls were excited to meet their new baby brother is a bit of an understatement. They have been looking forward to this moment for what seems like an eternity to them.
Kazia is going to be a big helper and great new big sister.

Our first family photo...the excitement radiates from this photo.

2 comments:
Ok, so I totally responded to those posts out of order. But oh well. How great that it went by quickly for you. What an experience. I love the dark hair too. So handsome! And truer words have never been spoken! Kazia looks ready to burst in that last pic. Congrats Smith family!
Super cute family! Thanks for posting all the pics. It's nice to see everyone. :)
Post a Comment