Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Parade

I worked a grave on Saturday morning, went to a neighborhood breakfast then hurried to the Centerville parade to see my Aunt Barbie's float. We got there just as it was coming around the corner. Perfect timing. Paula, Barbie's friend is in the red shirt. Barbie is hiding on the right.

This calling consumes 2-3 months of your life working 12-14 hour days. All I can say is DEDICATION!My parents had this same calling 2 years ago and Aunt Barbie came to the rescue and helped my parents sculpt the animals on their float, so my parents helped Barbie in return. This is the only pic I could find on the internet. My parents have many more. It is hard to see the HUGE bunny and birds on the back chasing the mormon meteor.

WOW!!! Check out the story teller who moves his head from side to side...the huge moose with his legs over a log, the fox, and the frog laying on the mushroom moving his feet with "The End" painted on the bottom of his feet which you can see in the pic below. There is a ton of other stuff that is hard to see from this angle, but I hope she wins an award. You can check out her float and vote for it a couple of days before the 24th of July. I forgot the name of the location...sorry. It will be at the center in South Jordan just off the 90th exit and north on State Street.

This float is amazing! Look at all of the detail she put into it. Aunt Barbie sculpted all of the animals from foam and then all her volunteers helped glitter them. WOW!!! Great job you guys!
Here are the soldiers that fight for our country. Just about everyone stood to honor them and the others that are still fighting.
They loved the parade...
and even got a little candy.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Looks like the girls had a blast! Gives me hope that someday mine would sit and watch a parade. So far I am to chicken to try:)