I also found out today that Grandma Vel isn't doing well at all and may not live another week. This is SUPER sad! I have been emotional since I heard this. I know she's not been doing well, but I'm not ready to lose her yet. I need to call her tomorrow and talk to her. I will always remember the white powdered donuts that she'd buy (in the bags that looked like bread bags) and she'd tell us that she didn't know how fresh they were, since they lived in Moab and they're imported in, but she'd always buy them anyway, and we'd eat them. She used to also give us a dollar every time we'd leave for home so that we could buy a treat on the way home. This slowly progressed into $5, $10, and even $20 as I started driving myself down there...to help with gas. I will never forget that we spent almost every weekend during the summer in Moab. Fishing on the mountain during the day when it was hot, and swimming at left hand. Grandma and Grandpa would sometimes take a drive up on the mountain to see how the fishing was. They always loved a good fish fry when we returned. We spent just about every major holiday in Moab while growing up, until grandma had a stroke about 5-6 years ago. I love the Christmas tree that had so much tinsel on it that there wasn't much tree. And that grandma had to wear her Santa hat while passing out all of the presents on Christmas morning. I also want to remember the lemon heads and orange slices that Grandpa DJ used to share with us. The fact that if we didn't at least have socks on, he'd step on our toes, and that he'd always peek in the green room and say "Rise and shine, hear the little birds sing sweet praises to the good Lord. GET OUT OF THERE!" early in the morning. I LOVE them more that words can describe and hope that grandpa and grandma will be reunited soon with tears of joy! Nothing but fond, fond memories.
Weight loss update:
Starting Weight:155.8 Current Weight: 149.2
Starting Waist: 33" Current Waist: 32"
Starting Hips: 41.75" Current Hips: 41"
Starting Neck: 13" Current Neck: 12.6"
Starting Forearm: 9.25"Current Forearm: 9"
Starting Wrist: 5.75" Current Wrist: 5.75"
Starting thighs: 24" Current Thighs: 23"
Starting 38% Body Fat Current BF: 36%
Total weight loss: 6.6 lbs! Granted I somehow gained 6 lbs in 1 week, but now I lost that and 1/2 a pound more. Now we will see how this week goes.
Total inch loss: 4.4" That's a HUGE difference. Even though I can't really tell now, I'm sure I'll be able to notice soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment