Friday, April 23, 2010

Jade's Stitches

April 9, 2010
Jade was in timeout for playing with lotion. She kept wiggling on the stool and I warned her to sit still or she may fall off...well, she fell and hit her head on the bottom drawer in the island of the kitchen. At first I figured she'd have a nice goose egg. I picked her up and immediately loved on her. When the crying didn't soften I thought I'd better check out her head and to my horror her face was covered in blood. I gasped and Kazia started crying. I got her wound to stop bleeding and checked it to see if it was bad enough for stitches and sure enough it was. I called Mike and he was almost home but said he'd meet me at the ER. Jade was so brave when the doctor wiped all the blood away to check out and measure her wound. She only cried a little when she got her shots to numb the cut. Here's the pic before stitches:
When we got home we all needed a little lovin' to make us feel better.
You can't see all of them but there are 4 blue stitches. Jade woke up for the next couple of nights to get Ibuprophen and we kept her on a tylenol/IB regimen for a few days until it stopped hurting so bad. I felt so bad for her...but she's super brave!
5 Days later we returned to the hospital to get her stitches removed.
She was a little unsure at first but realized it didn't hurt at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so stinkin' adorable! I think I need one in my family!

Debbie Burns said...

Bless her heart! That had to be a little scary for everyone. Glad she is okay!