So...on the ride home from Moab I was talking to Mike about a trip to CA that Erin and I had been talking about. It was the perfect time to go before I have my baby and we're stuck for a while. Mike surprised me by saying "Why don't you go then?" I quickly started making plans. Erin wasn't able to make the trip so I presented the idea to my sister Brittany. With our crazy lives I had two weeks that would work. The same week we returned from my grandpa's funeral or the very last week of April. Brittany may have a job in April and I'll be even larger and won't travel as well so 2 days after returning from Moab and after lots of laundry planning we took off for San Diego.
The ride to San Diego was crazy. We hit a whiteout storm that slowed us to 30 mph or so and was super scary from Nephi until just before St. George. After that it was smooth sailing and the kids slept the whole way. SO NICE!!
We spent 4 days at Uncle Jeff and Aunt Barb's. 2 of the days were "down" days and 2 of them were spent at Sea World. It was super fun but very exhausting and for those of you who know my kids....they are nappers. Sea World was still on their winter hours, and if they took a nap they would miss the one and only Shamu show...so needless to say they were a little whiny and tired by the end of each day....but had a blast!
The ride to San Diego was crazy. We hit a whiteout storm that slowed us to 30 mph or so and was super scary from Nephi until just before St. George. After that it was smooth sailing and the kids slept the whole way. SO NICE!!
We spent 4 days at Uncle Jeff and Aunt Barb's. 2 of the days were "down" days and 2 of them were spent at Sea World. It was super fun but very exhausting and for those of you who know my kids....they are nappers. Sea World was still on their winter hours, and if they took a nap they would miss the one and only Shamu show...so needless to say they were a little whiny and tired by the end of each day....but had a blast!
The 4-D Elmo Show. It scared Jade a little bit.
The Shamu Show
We showed up just in time for the interaction moment with the baluga whales. It was fun to watch.
Then we headed over to the polar bears. Every time I've seen a polar bear it has been sleeping...but not this time. We spent about 20+ minutes watching this bear play with a ball, bucket, jug, and tire. He had fun diving and swimming around. It was great!
The loud growling scared Jade and took a bit of coaxing to get her into the polar bear cave for this pic.
The highlight of Jade's trip. Elmo even tickled her. It was awesome!
Kazia and Aunt B went on Atlantis 3 times and got soakin' wet. They were in the front on this car.
Kazia was wiping the water off her face...but had a blast!!!
Jade also got to love on Zoe...Elmo's friend. What a neat thing for her.
We went to La Jolla Beach after Sea World because the weather was supposed to be crummy the next day (which was our beach day). By the time we got there the sun was going down and it was getting cold but the girls wanted to play anyway.
Kazia was the first to build her sandcastles. As you can see Jade is hard at work in the background.
Jade didn't want any help and didn't pack the sand tight enough and this is what she got. She was so disappointed and determined to make a sandcastle so she quickly got back to work.
Jade was very proud of her masterpiece!
We stayed at the Eden Roc Inn & Suites our first night at Disneyland and it was the most run down, broken, moldy place I've ever stayed. I was so disappointed. Brittany showered at midnight after we returned from Disney and went through spurts of freezing and burning to death. I tried bathing my kids in the morning and couldn't get the showerhead to turn off so I filled the tub a little with the showerhead...water on hot and the water turned out luke warm. Needless to say we quickly found another place that had a room available right away. I waited to shower until we were settled. The new place also had a hot tub which was fabulous because the pool was ice cold. The girls had a great time in the hot tub and Brittany and I iced and heated our feet in the pool and hot tub. It did wonders since our feet felt like they were going to fall off.
On our first night at the new hotel we awoke just before 4am to an earthquake of 4.4 magnitude. It was crazy. You could hear the walls creaking and water in the waterbottles sloshing around. Now I can say I have been in an earthquake. It didn't wake the kids though. They were too worn out.
The next greatest highlight of Jade's trip. Jade even gave Cinderella a kiss on the cheek. Unfortunately Ariel was giving swimming lessons and wasn't able to be there that day.
Tarzan's Treehouse
The Tower of Terror. Kazia and Brittany are in the front on the left. Kazia went 3 times and loved it. She was the smallest yet fearless rider.
We decided to extend our trip one more day to go to the beach when the weather was nice. It was 85 and sunny. AAAHHHH!!!!! It was perfect....except for the ICE COLD water. It was numbing. But the girls built sandcastles and collected sea shells.
We even burried Jade. Not recommended if you don't have a hotel to go back to before leaving on a long trip....lets say sand....hhhmmm.....
Kazia rinsed all of her shells off.
2 comments:
Looks like a blast! I have got to take my kids to Sea World!
You sure packed in a ton! Looks like a wonderful trip and the girls are SOOOO adorable!
Post a Comment