Monday, September 14, 2009

Jade's Scary Room

As most of you know, that live in Utah, Hwy 89 has been under construction for the past 2 months. They have been cutting parts out a lane at a time and re-paving it all in one night. This machine is so loud that it vibrates our whole apt. and feels like someone has the base up too high on their music and it rattles everything on the walls.

One night Jade kept telling us she had to go to the bathroom over and over. We got angrier and angrier everytime because she didn't really have to go. We thought it was a ploy to stay up. I even got on her level and told her how angry I was that she lying to me. She looked at me with her big eyes and worried face and said "Angry". She looked so sad and I felt bad but we put her in her room again. We even resorted to spanking her since we put her to bed at 7:30pm and it was now 9:45pm.

As the noise got louder from the construction machinery she pleaded louder and more fervently that she had to go to the bathroom to the point that she was hysterical. It was then I realized that she was scared. I went in and asked her if she was scared of the noises and she said "scary room".

That was the end of any peaceful bedtimes at our home. Every night she cries about her "scary room". We even started letting her fall asleep in our room, take her to her bed, and turn on her scentsy candle as a night light since it is so bright. Numerous times we have found her trying to crawl into our bed and laying on the floor in the hall. I even pulled her out of my bed when I got home from work and Mike had no idea she was there. He had put her back in her bed when he went to bed and she quietly crawled in with him after he was asleep.

This particular day she tried to crawl in our bed and I told her no and to go back to her bed. I was too tired to enforce this so she laid on our floor and used Elmo as her pillow and quickly fell asleep. It was too cute so I had to take a picture.

Do you think I could file some lawsuit against the construction company for traumatizing my child??? I am just glad that we are moving soon so that she has a new room that is not scary anymore.


3 comments:

Dustin and Kellie said...

AHHHH! That is terrible! Poor Jade! That is so sad! Maren seems to have learned the word "scared" Just in the last 4 months, and uses it all the time. She has spent many a night on the floor next to our bed (and she doesn't have anything that could even be a little scary going on outside her room)! That just makes me want to cry! Poor little thing! And she sneaks in all quiet to your room! Goodness! Break my heart!

Kristi Thompson said...

Poor Jade...she's so stinkin cute!!!

Debbie Burns said...

Bless her little heart!